Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Virtual Assistants

Well, here I am just squeaking past my self-appointed deadline. The nifty auto-post feature didn't help either. I guess you have to write the post first before it will publish it.

I thought I would talk a little about a very cool discovery I have made. So many times I have had a small task to complete that was simply beyond my means to do well. I struggled and struggled until I was finally able to eek out a barely passable sample of whatever it was I needed to produce. Had I known about Virtual Assistants, I could have saved myself hours and hours for just a few dollars. Have you ever needed to design a website? Translate a document? Stuff 10,000 envelopes? Whether it is beyond your skill, or you just don't have time, a Virtual Assistant can do it for you. It's like having a part-time employee that you only have to pay when you need them.

Basically, a Virtual Assistant is a freelance (fill-in-the-blank) that will work on a job-by-job basis. You might need to design a database, or write up a legal document, or just type up some notes. Whatever it is, I think you could find someone to do it. This allows you to free up your time for more important things, like growing your business. I have found a few different Virtual Assistant websites, but the one I have found that I like the most is www.elance.com. It is basically a big job board. If you are looking for someone to do work, you post what you need done and the freelancers will bid on your job. You then pick the one you like the most. If you are looking for work, you can sign up, create a profile, and start bidding on jobs that people post. This is amazing for all those stay-at-home moms that need to bring in a little extra income, or for students, or just anyone that needs or wants a bit of extra money.

Check it out when you have the chance. Whether you need something done or you need a job, you can't go wrong!

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment