Saturday, September 26, 2009

Greetings

Welcome to Business Dad. I will be posting on this blog under the pseudonym of Dad. I wanted to start a blog to document my journey through the entrepreneurial waste-land to the proverbial pot of gold at the end. I have been involved in a couple of small business ventures in the past, mostly to test the water. In the last few months I decided to start educating myself on business so that I could make a serious go at it. Here I am, several books and seminars later, with some really good ideas in my head and some solid, proven principals to work with. I am now ready to start my first serious business venture. It’s a really cool idea. Seriously. I have decided to start a business removing snow and caring for lawns. I have an equal partner with whom I have been working on another business venture and who jumped at the chance to be included in this one. I don’t really think I have a passion for shoveling snow, but I think that’s ok because as I have learned my business is actually helping people to free up some of their time by shoveling snow and mowing lawns. I do have a passion for helping people.

I hope that as I become more successful I will be able to document some of the things that have helped me along the way so that hopefully you too can benefit from that knowledge.
With that in mind, please, make yourself at home. There’s not much here yet, but I’ll be making some hefty changes in the next few days.

1 comment: